Welcome to DeGeorge Ceilings.
Hang with the best above the rest since 1950.
Serving Akron, Cleveland, Canton and Northeast Ohio.
We specialize in drop ceilings, acoustical ceilings, and suspended ceilings
For your home…
Imagine transforming a room in your home (into that) simply by changing your ceiling! Want more living space? A finished basement gives you just that. A suspended ceiling or decorative tile of your choice creates the look and feel you want for each room in your home. Warm up a room with wood planks.
Romance your room with tray ceilings and rope lighting. Historical patterns made with real tin will impress your company as a backsplash or put directly on your tiles. Brighten up your kitchen with dome ceilings. Classic planks with real wood-grain finish that is paintable or stainable does the job in your kitchen or bath. Sahara works wonders for covering ceilings damaged by water, old cracked plaster ceilings or plain drywall ceilings.
What makes a room have that sense of feeling that it has? Lots of things! Has your eye ever caught that beautiful picture on the wall, or that sensational color scheme creating the mood you were in or the lights that fit perfectly with low, dim shadows cast across the room? The ceiling and your tile choice have a lot to do with the final outcome of your room and the experience you will have. Don’t settle for a boring fifth wall in any room that can have a sense of relaxation and beauty simply by finding the tile that fits your style!
For your business…
Look up to the latest professional tiles available in your restaurant, hotel or office. Work with our men in a manner that suites you and gets the job done right. Communication on
the job to meet the standards of you and your customer will take place to make sure the timing and quality of work you expect will be done to complete the job with satisfaction
and not stress. The easy installation system provides access to pipes, ducts and electric. Make a well-lit office inspire your employees with professional tiles and natural lighting!
Noise-reducing tiles help those private conversations and need to concentrate occur naturally. Light-reflecting tiles conserve your light in your offices. Fire performance needed?
No problem. Most of our ceiling tiles used have a Class A fire resistance to enhance against structural failure.
Read the recent article published about our business: Family Values: Third Generation Ceiling Business Still Cresting
Thank you Summit County Suburbanite newspaper that serves the Akron and Canton area for the article about our 60th anniversary!
DeGeorge Ceilings is unique in that it’s a third generation construction-remodeling company which is now headed up by two women, Angela Zonnevylle and Angela Black. This mother-daughter team is preparing to take the company into its 60th year of business. Read the whole article here!
Owning a family business seems to many the perfect job because you can call the shots, determine your schedule, and bring in lots of cash,
right? Owning a family business that remains in business for years and for the years to come means loving people and what you do. Our grandfather, Daniel DeGeorge started our business 63 years ago out of a passion for working with his carpentry and ceiling skills. With a loan from a friend, a promise to repay and a handshake to seal the deal, he began the Cleveland Ceiling Company.
He and his four brothers are the founders of the company. Still up and running are three DeGeorge Ceilings companies in three different states! Daniel is partly responsible for helping Armstrong get rolling strong by showcasing his tiles for him. We, in Akron, Ohio have continued this business into the third generation out of a love for people and what we do. We love doing a job well done that puts a smile of peace and comfort on the faces of those looking at the amazing difference a ceiling has made in their restaurant, hotel, office or home. The business was originally run by our grandfather and then passed down to our mother and father. It is currently being run by the youngest of the seven grandchildren, Angela Black. She is the only sibling continuing on in the family business.
When our father, Harold Zonnevylle, passed away in 1995, our family pulled together to the best of our abilities to restructure our lives and Akron Ceiling Company, now DeGeorge Ceiling Company. Our mother, Angela Zonnevylle, went from being the secretary and mother of seven children, to full-time owner and operator of the company. Angela, one of five daughters, at the age of 25 went from part-time helper to full-time comforter and office manager over night with the sudden, unexpected death of our father.
With the future ahead and acceptance of the present situation, we decided we can still do it. Although females, we decided we can run this company in a professional and caring way and still keep our own dreams alive. Our goal is to find out what our customers are dreaming about and then deliver that dream. A ceiling enhances a room by showing off the rest of the room without quite knowing that the ceiling is there. We want to hear what your desire is, give you a reasonable quote, gain your trust and business and then send our men in a timely, professional fashion to work closely with you on your precise outcomes. We listen. We communicate your options. We reduce your stress. We are here to help you and want that message conveyed loud and clear.
DeGeorge Ceilings is run by two knowledgeable and patient females that give you their time and attention, along with their workers, from the beginning of the job until the final piece of grid and tile is installed. They know the importance of meeting your needs and take it seriously without adding pressure to your life. We want to deliver a beautiful job done without the hassles and at a fair price. Belonging to the Home Builders Association (HBA), Better Business Bureau (BBB), Professional Remodelers Counsel (PRC) and being EDGE certified all come with our passion for working professionally and personally at the same time. Without our loyal customers and builders we would not be here yesterday nor today let alone will we be here in your future. We want to remain for the long run by being here for you now. We know that you are our lifeline and we respect that. That is why we do our best to deliver the best to you and your home.
Services and Processes
What to Expect from DeGeorge Ceilings…
- Friendly from the start: Our staff here at DeGeorge will greet you with a smile. Some are extroverts and some introverts, butboth will give you a warm handshake and feeling as though we have known one another longer than just a moment. This may take place hen walking into our Design Center inAkron or when calling us on the phone to get information for your new creation in your home.
- Timely: We are quick at taking your call, getting out to your home to do your free estimate, and delivering the estimate byphone, e-mail, mail or in person. We work around your schedule when meeting for the estimate and through-out the job.
- Fair Price: We know that everyone wants a good deal and we want to give that to all we quote. We also know that we muststay in business and pay our bills. We combine these realities into the best price possible knowing that once the job gets started, we will do it right or do it again.
- We communicate with you: During a job it is important to communicate back and forth to make sure the desired outcome is coming out! Please let us know what you need and we will follow up and stay in touch to make the whole partnership a smooth process for you and your family as we work in yourhome.
- Quality workers: We would want the best people coming out to our homes, so we offer you what we would choose to have. We want to hear positive comments and praises for their work, not the opposite! We have selected those who are qualified in the field, work well with us and get the job done right.
- Quality products: We only use the best products. Again, if it is good enough for our home, we feel comfortable installing it inyours. Armstrong and USG products are top of the line. They deliver the highest quality materials with a warranty for sag resistance and mold and mildew resistance. We havebeen in business with their business since our business began!
- Low pressure: Our goal is not to make sure we have your sale because we have a chart on the wall and earn a vacation when we do better than the next sales person. Our goal is to make sure we understand what it is you would like to do or help formulate that picture in your mind with you, give you youroptions and then let you decide if we are the best fit for you. Do not get me wrong, we would love to be what everyone is looking for, but the fact of the matter is that is an impossible task or we would be the only ceiling company in existence!
- Satisfied Customer: We want our customers to be satisfied. We want you to like us, butmore than that, we want you to like our work. Your new room, basement, office or hotel lobby or hallways. We want you to be so pleased that you are proud to tell someone who did the work for you. We want your business again should the need arise or your friend or family’s business because you are satisfied with the final result.
What’s New – Blog